Extraordinary measures due to the spread of COVID-19
The government of the Czech Republic declared the state of emergency in its entire territory on March 12th, 2020 from 2 pm.
New obligations and information for foreign nationals related to prevention against the spread of COVID-19 can be found here.
The current information and recommendation are available here.
University of Economics, Prague and Deans of all faculties took all the following decisions:
- From Wednesday, March 11, 2020, until further notice, but at least until March 29, 2020, students enrolled in degree programs (undergraduate, master’s and doctoral) and students of the University of the 3rd Age are cancelled. Office hours are also cancelled.
- Deans of faculties will decide on the form of compensation for cancelled lessons.
- Any modification of the summer semester schedule will be announced on March 27, 2020.
- Until further notice, the events of student associations and organizations that were supposed to take place in the school were cancelled.
- Libraries and study rooms are closed.
- Student canteen in Italská building and buffet in Jižní Město are closed.
- Graduation ceremonies on March 13, March 20, March 21 and March 27 are cancelled (alternative graduation dates will be announced later).
- The Rector’s Order to reduce risk of coronavirus infection (COVID-19) is still valid
Recommendations by the Ministry of Health for citizens of the Czech Republic and other persons returning from affected regions can be found here.