COVID-19: Updates & Information
This page is being regularly updated. Latest update: March 22, 2023, 12:00
Coming to the Czech Republic
- As of April 9, 2022, the protective measures regarding the conditions of entry into the Czech Republic in relation to the epidemic of Covid-19 have been suspended.
- Entry into the Czech Republic is no longer subject to any special epidemiological conditions to prevent the spread of the disease. The entry-ban for foreigners from third-countries and the obligation to prove infection-free status have been lifted.
- More information as well as useful links are published on this website of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic.
Test Centres & Vaccination Recognition
- The places where you can undergo the test are available on this website (in English). We recommend you to go to GHC GENETICS at Václavské náměstí open daily from 8:00 until 18:00 phone: (+420) 739 500 500, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please follow these rules when you visit a test centre:
Current Development and Measures
- From May 5, 2022, no restrictive measures are in force against the spread of Covid-19.
Lectures and Seminars
- At present, VŠE is providing an on-site teaching.
- The obligation to use respiratory protective equipment on campus as well as the obligation to report a positive test for covid-19 is repealed.
- More details are available on the main VSE covid website
Staying at VŠE dormitories
- It is no longer necessary to enter test results and vaccination certificates via the ISKAM information system.
- All useful information regarding the stay at dormitories is available here.
General Information and Recommendations
Covid Portal – detailed information related to Covid-19 in daily life
- Help line related to for Covid-19: +420 226 201 221 (daily between 8:00 – 19:00)
- Ministry of Health Czech Republic: COVID-19 website.
- Extraordinary and protective measures of the Ministry of Health are regularly updated here or here.
- Current development of Covid-19 cases in the Czech Republic can be found here. For a detailed overview (in Czech only) visit this page.
- You can also contact the Embassy of your country for more information.
Other sources of information and news:
- Newsletter by Foreigners.cz:
- News articles in English:
I was tested positively/I don’t feel well
COVID-19 disease is caused by Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Its incubation time is up to 14 days (average of 5 to 6 days). It is transmitted especially in contact with infected people. The main symptoms are fever above 38° C, dry cough and shortness of breath. Visit www.who.int for more information.
When you were tested positively
- Students and staff infected with COVID-19 are required to report this and inform about people with whom they have come into closer and longer contact in the campus. Email email@example.com is available for this purpose.
- Isolate yourself from other people in your household. If you need to buy something, you must ask another person for help (your buddy or friend). You can also order online (see the List of online delivery services below). The delivery instructions must state that the purchase is to be left outside or on the porch or in another suitable place.
- Contact all your lecturers, inform them about your situation and kindly ask them to share with your the study materials.
- From the day you have received a positive Covid-19 test, your 7 days quarantine starts (there is no need to visit or call anyone about your test result).
- If you have difficulty breathing or have a fever and a dry cough at the same time, call 1221 immediately and follow the operator’s instructions.
- If you do not feel well even after 7 days, stay home a bit longer and if needed, contact a doctor.
- Only when you feel okay and your 7 days of isolation are gone, get back to normal life.
When you don’t feel well
Check to see if you have any or more of the following main symptoms:
- shortness of breath / difficulty breathing without cough
- fever lasting more than two days
- dry cough
- loss of taste and smell
- pain of muscles and joints
If you only have a fever for less than two days, it may not be a coronavirus. In this case, stay in quarantine, check yourself regularly and take medications against fever.
If you have difficulty breathing, or have a fever and a dry cough at the same time, call 1221 immediately and follow the operator’s instructions.
COVID-19 information hotline (dial +420 226 201 221) is also available in English from anywhere in the Czech Republic from 8:00 to 19:00.
What to do if COVID-19 disease is suspected – ten commandments for STUDENTS
When you met someone positively tested
From February 19, 2022, it is no longer necessary to start a mandatory quarantine after having a risky encounter.
Advice and recommendations for self-isolation
- Mandatory isolation lasts for 7 days after receiving a positive result from a PCR test.
- Don’t go to school, public places and do not use public transport or taxis until you are told it is safe. If you need to buy something, you must ask another person for help. You can also order online (see the List of online delivery services below). The delivery instructions must state that the purchase is to be left outside or on the porch or in another suitable place.
- Isolate yourself from other people in your household. If you live in a dormitory or other place where you share a kitchen, bathroom and common areas, you should only stay in your room with the door closed, go out only when necessary and wear a mask.
If you share a kitchen with others, do not enter if others are present. If this is not possible, wear a mask. Eat food in your room. Wash used dishes by hand in hot water with detergent and dry with your own cloth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing.
- Wash your hands.
- Avoid sharing household items.
- Do not invite anyone to your home.
- If you need to do your laundry at home before the test results are available, wash it with detergent at the highest possible temperature suitable for the fabric. Temperatures above 60 ° C are suitable. If possible, dry and iron the laundry to the highest possible temperature suitable for the fabric.
- Separate your waste.
- Watch for the signs of the disease.
List of online delivery services
- Wolt – offers the delivery from restaurants as well as shops.
- Bolt Food – offers the delivery from restaurants.
- Dáme jídlo – offers the delivery from restaurants as well as shops.
- Rohlik – offers the delivery of groceries and other goods including the delivery from the BENU pharmacy.
- iTesco online store – offers the delivery of groceries and other goods.